skip to Main Content

A Big List of 10 Terrific E-commerce Trend Posts: E-commerce Link Digest

Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.


E-commerce trend: Woman shopping online on mobile and laptop¡Hola, Big Thinkers! Hope you’ve had an amazing week. I sure have. How about we close out another amazing week with this big list of 10 terrific e-commerce trend posts for you? Enjoy:

  1. Last week, I put together a list of “6 Posts Featuring Fantastic Future Digital Marketing Trends” for you that was incredibly popular on Twitter and Facebook. You might want to check it out to see why.
  2. Econsultancy highlighted “Four Brands Pushing the Boundaries of Content Strategy” that are worth reading about. And you might want to review these “11 Excellent Posts Connecting Mobile, Content, and Customer Experience,” which provide an excellent companion piece.
  3. Retail Dive says that “45% Of Retailers Plan to Use AI In the Next 3 Years.” And, I expect the other 55% will be in big trouble.
  4. Why do I think that? Well, as The Future of Commerce notes, “Machine Learning in Retail Is More Than Just the Latest Trend.” One reason that’s a big deal? As we talked about on a recent episode of our e-commerce and digital strategy podcast, Thinks Out Loud, “AI For Marketers: AI Makes Big Data Little.”
  5. Speaking of retail — and Thinks Out Loud — you probably heard about Amazon’s purchase of Whole Foods, which I took a look at in an episode called “Amazon Goes Grocery Shopping.” I know there’s been lots of chatter on this topic already, but trust me. You’re going to want to give this one a listen.
  6. And while we’re on the topic of Amazon, don’t miss “Amazon Go Shows How E-commerce Will Work in the Future” and “What Amazon’s Jeff Bezos Can Teach You About Digital Marketing” when you have a chance. You won’t regret it.
  7. In one last bit of Amazon news, according to eMarketer, “eBay Says It Will Match Amazon, Walmart Prices.” I don’t see that they have much choice on this one unless eBay can do a better job differentiating its offering. But, I’d give them the same advice I give clients, which is be careful not to run “The Race You Can’t Win.”
  8. Continuing with the e-commerce theme for a moment, Search Engine Land explains “Why One E-Commerce Company Is Going All-In On AMP (Hint: Conversions).”
  9. Since we’re looking at overall trends together this time around, Big Thinkers, you won’t want to miss this recent podcast episode “Breaking Down Mary Meeker’s 2017 Internet Trends Report.”
  10. And, let’s round-out this big list of 10 terrific e-commerce trend posts with another Thinks Out Loud episode that asks “What Digital Marketing Trends Matter?”

You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:

Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:

Tim Peter

Tim Peter is the founder and president of Tim Peter & Associates. You can learn more about our company's strategy and digital marketing consulting services here or about Tim here.

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top
×Close search
Search