Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Why Data Is Overrated (It’s Not What You Think) (Thinks Out Loud Episode 240) – Headlines and Show Notes
Everyone talks about how important data is for marketing today. And it is. But data is overrated for a very important reason too. The latest episode of Thinks Out Loud explains why data is overrated … and why that matters for your business.
- How Much Data Do We Create Every Day? The Mind-Blowing Stats Everyone Should Read
- How Much is 2.5 Quintillion? – Yappn – Medium
- Exabyte – Wikipedia
- Facebook attacked over app that reveals period dates of its users | Technology | The Guardian
- Top 11 Car Sensors And Their Functions
- Which Sensors Do I Have In My Smartphone? How Do They Work?
- Facebook Is Giving Advertisers Access to Your Shadow Contact Information
- Why Facebook Still Seems to Spy on You – WSJ
- Facebook’s Data Problem (Thinks Out Loud Episode 202)
- Maybe Facebook’s Data Problem Is Your Data Problem (Thinks Out Loud Episode 203)
- Is Facebook evil? Everything bad about Facebook is bad for the same reason — Quartz
- 10 facts about Americans and Facebook | Pew Research Center
- Consumers Don’t Trust Facebook With Personal Data, Survey Says – Adweek
- How Will Facebook’s Data Scandal Impact Hotel Marketers?
- How Badly Has Facebook Effed Up? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 234) –
- The data brokers quietly buying and selling your personal information
- There’s no such thing as a “tech person” in the age of AI – MIT Technology Review
- Data is the Crown Jewels: What That Means for Marketers Today (Thinks Out Loud Episode 239)
- SearchChat: Can You Personalize Without Creepy Data? – Biznology
- Will Digital Turn Every Business Into a Service? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 235)
- In a Digital World, Is Every Company a Technology Company? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 236)
- How to Compete With Amazon (and Expedia and Google and…) (Thinks Out Loud Episode 221)
Subscribe to Thinks Out Loud
Contact information for the podcast: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Insights from Tim Peter Thinks
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Technical Details for Thinks Out Loud
Recorded using a Heil Sound PR 30 Large Diaphragm Multipurpose Dynamic Microphone through a Cloud Microphones CL-1 Cloudlifter Mic Activator and a Mackie Onyx Blackjack USB recording interface into Logic Express 9 for the Mac.
Running time: 12m 58s
You can subscribe to Thinks Out Loud in iTunes [iTunes link], the Google Play Store, via our dedicated podcast RSS feed )(or sign up for our free newsletter). You can also download/listen to the podcast here on Thinks using the player at the top of this page.