Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Lots of news this week that affects lots of businesses, including the coronavirus news and Expedia announcing a pretty significant set of layoffs. All of this suggests a recession is more likely this year. But, assuming a recession hits, there's a good way to handle it… and a not good way to handle it. What is the good way? What's the bad way? And what do you want to make sure you don't do? The latest episode of Thinks Out Loud takes a look at whether a recession is more likely this year and tells you what you don't want to do.
Want to learn more? Here are the show notes for you:
Is a Recession More Likely This Year? Here's What You Don't Want to Do (Thinks Out Loud Episode 276) — Relevant Links
- Worried About a Recession Next Year? Here's How Marketers Can Cope (Thinks Out Loud Episode 264)
- United Airlines rescinds annual guidance due to coronavirus – MarketWatch
- Apple says the coronavirus will cause it to miss its revenue goals
- Mastercard shares drop after company warns coronavirus may hit 2020 revenue
- Company Profit Warnings Signal Virus Already a Global Crisis – Bloomberg
- Maersk warns of coronavirus blow – CNN
- Expedia cuts 3,000 jobs, including 500 at new Seattle HQ – read the internal email to employees – GeekWire
- We Live in the Future (Thinks Out Loud Episode 274)
- The Race You Can't Win
- The Lessons You Should Learn from Expedia's Recent Troubles (Thinks Out Loud Episode 268)
- How to Compete With Amazon (and Expedia and Google and…) (Thinks Out Loud Episode 221)
- Marketing in Uncertain Times (Thinks Out Loud Episode 352)
- Doing Digital in the Weirdest Economy Ever (Thinks Out Loud Episode 355)
Subscribe to Thinks Out Loud
Contact information for the podcast: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Insights from Tim Peter Thinks
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Technical Details for Thinks Out Loud
Recorded using a Heil PR-40 Dynamic Studio Recording Mic and a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 (3rd Gen) USB Audio Interface into Logic Pro X for the Mac.
Running time: 18m 16s
You can subscribe to Thinks Out Loud in iTunes, the Google Play Store, via our dedicated podcast RSS feed (or sign up for our free newsletter). You can also download/listen to the podcast here on Thinks using the player at the top of this page.