We’ve coming into a long weekend here in the States, so here’s a long list of links to help you pass the time:
- Dan Zarrella explains why you need to stop talking about yourself on social sites and start talking as yourself. Really good read.
- McKinsey explores a new model for marketing. [Free registration req’d.] Interesting point of view on the different forms of marketing and very applicable to the online space.
- MediaPost asks “Can SEM be an economic indicator?” Not to spoil the punchline, but the answer is yes. See our review of Bill Tancer’s book Click for examples where it’s already being done.
- SEOmoz has a cool social media marketer’s SEO checklist that’s worth, um, checking out.
- While we’re on the topic of search, Rimm-Kaufman Group says that core PPC practices haven’t changed, even after all these years. I quite agree.
- Clickz suggests you fix your writing to improve your conversion.
- And, finally, Mashable has a group of Internet pioneers talking about the future of the internet. Well worth the read.
Enjoy the weekend, Big Thinkers.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
bill tancer, call-to-action, click, click book review, conversion, conversion rate, conversion rate optimization, E-commerce, e-commerce, e-marketing, internet business, internet marketing, landing page design, landing page optimization, marketing, marketing best practices, Mashable, online marketing, ppc, ppc marketing, Rimm-Kaufmann, search, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, sem, seo, SEOmoz, social, social commerce, social marketing, social media, social strategy, strategy