10 E-Commerce Trends Worth Watching: E-commerce Link Digest
Hey, Big Thinkers! Hope you’re enjoying some glorious autumn weather wherever you may be. Before you get back to the grind on Monday, be sure to check out these 10 e-commerce trends worth watching. Enjoy:
- Despite the fact that Broadband is a “core utility” like electricity, according to a recent White House report, new information reported by The Verge shows the US is falling behind the world on LTE speeds. That’s a real problem as we look to develop and grow our economy in the coming years. It also highlights where we might find the next generation of great web-enabled companies of the future (hello Singapore and South Korea).
- Finish Line’s executive vice president and chief omnichannel officer, Imran Jooma, says “Make mobile personalized, localized and timely for success with millennials.” Good advice.
- According to Marketing Charts, “Marketers Say Video’s Effectiveness Is Increasing. Which Content Types Are Working?” An excellent question.
- We looked at “Why Mobile Payments Will Rule.”
- Mobile Commerce Daily asks, “Do ride-sharing app partnerships drive revenue, awareness for brands?”
- Quartz uncovers why the best entrepreneurs are like brilliant artists in these four ways.
- Search Engine Land explains “How Google Now, Siri & Cortana Predict What You Want.” The answer? Data, data, and more data.
- A Swrve executive talks about “how to marry mobile with location for bricks-and-mortar advantage.”
- Emarketer asks “How Much Revenue Does Email Drive?” and provides a pretty good answer too.
- And, finally, on the latest episode of Thinks Out Loud, our weekly e-commerce and digital marketing podcast, we took a deep look at “Mobile Websites: Responsive, Adaptive, and RESS, Oh My” You should be sure to check it out when you get a chance.
If you’re interested in learning more, make sure to check out these “8 Brilliant E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Trends” these “7 Spectacular Digital Marketing Trends” and other entries from our E-commerce Link Digest series, plus these 8 Awesome August E-commerce Insights: The Top Posts of August, 2015
And if you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
And, finally, you might want to take a look at some of our past coverage of the e-commerce, mobile commerce, and digital marketing overall, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56