- Think there’s some disruption in the travel space? Well, according to the San Francisco Examiner, Yellow Cab is filing for bankruptcy—due primarily to pressure from Uber. So, um, yeah. That’s something, huh? Don’t miss these posts that ask “how safe are independent hotels from Airbnb?” and “are hotel brands doomed?” for some thoughts on avoiding the same fate.
- Speaking of Airbnb, PSFK looks at the future of Airbnb’s user interaction journey while Really Good Emails on Medium interview Lucas Chevillard about lessons learned from Airbnb’s email specialist. Hey, if you can’t beat ’em, steal from ’em./li>
- HotelMarketing.com is reporting hoteliers have increased marketing budgets in 2016, with heavy emphasis on mobile. Good. It’s time.
- Tnooz asks, as Yelp struggles, might a travel giant eat it? Seems possible.
- And, finally, we’ve rounded up these 6 travel marketing must-reads to kick off the year and 16 key insights: the top travel marketing posts of 2015 to get you going this year. Make sure you don’t miss ’em.
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- “5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing”
- “How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?”
- “The Big Myth About Digital Strategy.”
- “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year”
- “Huge List of Lessons Learned at HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference”
- “Are Hotel Brands Doomed?”
- “Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016”