Want to drive more direct bookings to your hotel? Click here to learn more
Hey, Big Thinkers! I’m in sunny Miami this week, sitting by the pool and soaking up some rays (in between getting some work done, that is). Hope you’re having fun wherever you are. So how about we just jump straight into this set of 5 fantastic travel marketing posts you’ll want to see for this week’s Hospitality Marketing Link Digest? Enjoy:
- TechCrunch reports that Airbnb has begun testing its City Hosts program to give guests guided one-of-a-kind experiences. Call me crazy, but that should be your job. For more thoughts, check out these posts that ask “How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?” and “Are Hotel Brands Doomed?”
- In happier news, according to Fitch Ratings (and reported by Yahoo), U.S. hotels have gained incremental negotiating strength over OTAs. That’s undoubtedly what’s led Expedia to launch its Accelerator program (which we called “A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing”), and taking such an aggressive position regarding new loyalty rates at hotels. Stay tuned for lots more on this topic.
- TTG Asia takes a good look at the travel industry’s wave of interest in messaging chatbots. Their insights help demonstrate why i’m bullish on mobile payments and messaging. You might also want to check out these five reasons marketers need to get ready for mobile messaging.
- We recently examined a new Sabre study that outlines key mega-trends shaping travel marketing that you’ll definitely want to review.
- And, finally, don’t miss these 6 spectacular hospitality marketing insights: the top travel marketing posts of May, 2016 that we pulled together for you. Really good stuff all around.
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?