Want to drive more direct bookings to your hotel? Click here to learn more
Hey, Big Thinkers! Hope you’ve had an amazing week. I know we have around here. I also hope you don’t mind if we skip all the setup this week and instead just get you right to these great set of 7 must-read marketing and e-commerce posts from the past week. Enjoy:
- Leading off, Mobile Commerce Daily express checkout adoption remains strong on mobile as options proliferate, which is one of the reasons why I’m bullish on mobile payments (and messaging, too). We’ve got to make the checkout process easier for customers and the availability of these options represents a strong step in the right direction.
- Over on CMO.com, Mark Nardone explains why your content is missing the mark. Great read.
- Curious about why content marketing matters? Well, for one huge (or, should I say yuuuuge) reason, content is still the king.
- The editors of iMediaConnection have rounded-up a set of 13 ways to shift to a data-driven marketing approach, which I might have to add to this collection of 11 data-driven marketing insights to start your week off right.
- Speaking of round-ups, you’ve got to check out these 6 must-see social and mobile commerce posts from the past week and these 10 must-see marketing posts from the past week too. Great stuff all around.
- Lots of talk about the future of digital for you lately, including this episode of our weekly e-commerce and digital strategy podcast, Thinks Out Loud, “A Quick Postcard from the Future of Digital” and this look at VR, AI, and UX: 7 posts highlighting top trends for 2016. And for something a little off the beaten path when it comes to the future, you’ll also want to check out this Gizmodo post, “Google Doesn’t Want to Accidentally Make Skynet, So It’s Creating an AI Off Switch.” Fun. Y’know, kind of.
- Finally, before you head off to your weekend fun, be sure to review this set of 8 surprising mobile and e-commerce insights: the top posts of May, 2016. You’ll be glad you did.
And if you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- 2016’s Top Trends: Make Room For Mobile Video
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?