Happy Friday, Big Thinkers, and welcome to the final weekend of August. Amazing how quickly this year’s flying by, isn’t it? Given that, I won’t take up too much of your time and, instead, will simply direct you to this week’s list of 7 spectacular digital marketing trends. Enjoy:
- Beloit College revealed its latest Mindset List providing insights into the incoming class of 2019 and the world they take for granted. My personal favorite observation: They’re the same age as Google and have never known a world without the search giant. Fascinating read.
- Sujan Patel offered this exceptionally useful and data-driven approach to going viral. Very cool.
- Vala Ashfar on Twitter served up this gem:
— Vala Afshar (@ValaAfshar) August 1, 2015
- Mobile Commerce Daily uncovered content’s specialized role in mobile and digital marketing, a huge trend if ever there were one.
- We noted that digital influenced $1.2 trillion in-store last year, just one of many reasons why mobile payments will rule over time.
- Marketing Charts shed some light on online video consumption growth forecast, 2015-2016. As you might imagine, it’s growing. Fast.
- And, finally, we recapped the top 15 digital marketing and e-commerce posts of 2015 (so far) here on the blog. Be sure to check out the whole list when you get a chance.
If you’re interested in learning more, make sure to check out these “6 Major Stories About Millennials and Mobile Commerce” these “9 Marvelous Mobile Marketing and E-Commerce Columns: The Top Posts of May” and other entries from our E-commerce Link Digest series, including these “8 Amazing E-Commerce Posts Winning this Week”, these “10 Damn-Good Digital Marketing Posts,” another “10 Spectacular Mobile Marketing and E-Commerce Essays”, and this set of “6 Major Stories About Millennials and Mobile Commerce” too.
And if you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
And, finally, you might want to take a look at some of our past coverage of the e-commerce, mobile commerce, and digital marketing overall, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56