- Direct Marketing News asks “is hyperpersonalization creepy or crucial?” Good question. On a highly related note, we went ahead and looked at why digital demands personalization and customer focus as we go forward in 2016.
- Speaking of customer focus, eMarketer asks will a poor customer experience affect future purchases? As you might imagine, the answer is an unqualified “yes” underscoring the need for as well driving seamless experiences in 2016. You might also want to check out these from last week’s 7 super posts about mobile commerce and customer experience.
- eMarketer also looks at how social media influences shopping behavior, which is a great reminder of why managing your reputation in social remains the single most effective way to improve your brand’s digital marketing.
- While we’re on the subject of social, the New York Post reports that Facebook and Twitter are in a race to acquire rights to stream live TV. And that highlights why it’s a good idea to make room for mobile video in your ongoing marketing plans.
- Marketing Charts looks at which digital marketing tactics are perceived to be the most effective and difficult while eMarketer takes a look at the hits and misses of holiday shopping 2015.
- This isn’t really a marketing story, but Wired says that the FBI warns that car hacking is a real risk yet another sign that mobile won’t just change marketing; mobile will change the world and that mobile may be bigger than you can think.
- Want another sign that digital drives disruption? Well, Search Engine Land has data showing that search query volumes on the PC peaked in 2013. So even Google isn’t immune to the changes we’re seeing in the marketplace.
- For still more thoughts on disruption, brandchannel outlines six new jobs being created by the content revolution.
- Finally, you won’t want to miss this piece that explores the digital strategy myth as well as these two podcast episodes looking at what drives growth in 2016 and how to tie together three key e-commerce themes.
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).