Howdy, Big Thinkers. No setup this holiday weekend, just a quick round-up of 6 travel marketing insights you need to see from the past week. Enjoy:
- Tnooz reports on Google’s tips for better user experience on travel sites, says “see, think, do, care.” Excellent framework, especially given what these 5 key facts about mobile, millennials, and hotel marketing tell us about the future of travel.
- While we’re on the topic of millennials, nSight for Travel offers up 10 things you need to know about millennial travelers. Good read.
- A cool infographic from Tnooz looks at Airport experience and digital travel by 2018. Continuing with insights from airlines, another Tnooz article talks with airline industry chiefs on Uber, Google and distribution generally, which offers an excellent complement to this look at how Google, Uber, and Foursquare plan to revolutionize travel.
- A couple of recent items here on Thinks explain why hotel marketing depends on personalization and offer this presentation on “Using Data to Put Personalization to Work for Your Property.” Be sure to check out both.
- You’ll also want to see these 8 outstanding lessons from the 2016 HSMAI Digital Marketing Strategy Conference and these 7 spectacular hotel marketing posts this week when you have a moment.
- And, finally, we took a look at Expedia’s Accelerator Program and think it’s a wolf in wolf’s clothing. Be sure to read the whole post to find out why.
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- “5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing”
- “How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?”
- “The Big Myth About Digital Strategy.”
- “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year”
- “Huge List of Lessons Learned at HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference”
- “Are Hotel Brands Doomed?”
- “Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016”