One of the reasons the Internet is so powerful, both as a way to put your story in front of customers and as a way to drive action, is its increasing ubiquity. The Internet isn’t a place anymore. You don’t “go online.” You are online, all the time.
- Google projects that 15% of all searches conducted this coming Black Friday will come from mobile devices.
- 40% of all mobile owners use the internet on their devices.
- 70% of smartphone users—some 63 million people—use their device while shopping in a store.
So, why is it that only 1 in 3 companies advertising on the web have a mobile optimized website?
Mobile isn’t as hard as it seems. You just have to have a plan.
- Ask yourself: “Is my site mobile enough?“
- Look at whether apps make sense for your business.
- Learn from what others are doing.
But, whatever you do, don’t sit on the sidelines. As I’ve said before, we’re not talking about the mobile web anymore; we’re talking about the web, period. The question is, are you talking about it at all?
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.