Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Hey, Big Thinkers! Hope you’ve had an excellent week. Let’s add to it with this round-up of a dozen digital strategy trend posts you’ve got to see. Enjoy:
- eConsultancy kicks things off with this look at “Five Ways Artificial Intelligence Can Help Marketers Enhance the Customer Experience.” Great stuff, especially when you consider that “Customer Experience May Be the Future of E-commerce.”
- While we’re on that topic, you should check out this Mobile Commerce Daily piece that argues “Customer support is your brand’s untapped secret weapon.”
- Marketing Charts also supports that notion with data that shows “Customer-Centricity At the Heart of Digital Strategies, Say Global Execs.”
- I know I posted this last week in our round-up of “9 Necessary Marketing and E-commerce Insights” but this list of the “Top 100 Sites for Marketers” from Cision is just too good to ignore.
- Variety took a look at “What’s Behind Disney’s $1 Billion Major League Baseball Digital Deal?” that you’ll so want to read.
- And on a highly-related note, check out this post that demonstrates “Digital Video is Taking Over: These 5 Data Points Prove It.” Worth a read.
- The German edition of Business Insider has a cool report “The Fintech Ecosystem Report: Measuring the Effects of Technology on the Entire Financial Services Industry” that also shows “Why I’m Bullish on Mobile Payments and Messaging.”
- I’ve got two vaguely conflicting pieces up next for you. The first from Jean-Louis Gassee at Monday Note talks about “The Internet of Poorly Working Things,” while this Business Insider post outlines “11 Reasons to Be Excited About the Future of Technology.” Both are worth your time.
- Mobile Commerce Daily asks a critical question for modern marketing, “Is Your Location Data Actionable?” as well as some advice for how to make it so.
- These “8 Excellent E-commerce and Digital Strategy Insights” from our E-commerce Link Digest series is well worth checking out.
- CMO Australia asks “What Skills Do CMOs Need to Drive the Future Marketing Function?” Great stuff.
- And, if all this stuff has you worried about how to keep up, you should also take a look at “How to Keep Up With Technology as a Marketer: The Quick and Dirty Guide” that we put together for you a few weeks back.
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest