Want to drive more direct bookings to your hotel? Click here to learn more
Hope you’ve had a great weekend, Big Thinkers. To get you ready for a big week ahead, we’ve collected this set of 5 must-see hotel marketing missives from the past week. Enjoy:
- Leading off, Julie Sickel from Business Travel News warns us that “Hotel Occupancy Flattens Across Global Regions.” We’ve been living in “the good old days” for the last year or two. Looks like that’s coming to an end as the business cycle softens.
- Given that reality, you might want to see EyeForTravel’s piece that looked at “OTAs vs Hotels: Why ‘An Old and Tired Story’ Keeps Running” as well as these “10 Great Hotel Direct and OTA Distribution Posts” from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series.
- These “5 Helpful Hospitality Marketing Stories for You” and this set of “10 Terrific Travel Marketing Posts from the Past Week” from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series also offer terrific insights into improving your direct business.
- Of course, if you want more direct business, you should avoid the “Hotel Website Design and Usability: Top 10 Mistakes” that Vikram Singh outlined over on Hospitality Net.
- Finally, this round-up of “8 Outstanding Insights: the Top Travel Marketing Posts of Summer, 2016” and these “21 Can’t Miss Travel Marketing Insights: The Top Posts of 2016 (So Far)” will help you get ready to drive more direct business, regardless of what happens to demand overall. Great stuff, well worth your time.
If you’re looking for even more hospitality marketing goodness, you might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?