Want to drive more direct bookings to your hotel? Click here to learn more
Hey, Big Thinkers, welcome to June. As ever, that means it’s time to recap your favorite posts from the past month. So without any further ado, check out these 8 surprising mobile and e-commerce insights: the top posts of May, 2016. Enjoy:
- The top post from the past month uncovered some incredible facts about mobile commerce and said “These Amazing Numbers Show Why Mobile Commerce is About to Explode.” Well worth your time to read all about it.
- Next up is a great look at “VR, AI, and UX: 7 Posts Highlighting Top Trends for 2016” that you won’t want to miss.
- While the specific week referenced in this next title was from a few weeks ago, these “11 Data-Driven Marketing Insights to Start Your Week Off Right” work this week (and probably next week and the one after that, too).
- A recent episode of Thinks Out Loud, our weekly e-commerce and digital strategy podcast, took a long look at “What the Future of Marketing Might Look Like” while a follow-up from a few weeks later provided “A Quick Postcard from the Future of Digital.”
- We’ve got a big set of entries from the ongoing E-commerce Link Digest series here in the number 5 slot, including these “8 Amazing E-commerce and Mobile Masterpieces,” a great collection of “9 Necessary Insights Into Mobile Commerce from the Past Week,” and this terrific round-up of “6 Must-See Social and Mobile Commerce Posts from the Past Week.” Great stuff all around.
- Another recent Thinks Out Loud episode explored “Why Content Marketing Matters” and offered some fantastic insights on how to make it work for your business.
- While the top post from this past month focused on mobile commerce, it wasn’t the only time we touched on the topic here on Thinks. This episode of Thinks Out Loud asked, “What’s Holding Mobile Commerce Back?” and tried to provide some answers that you’ll want to hear too.
- And, finally, we’ve got “Your Holiday Reading List: The Top 7 Shared Posts on Thinks“ and these “10 Killer Mobile and E-commerce Resources: The Top Posts of April, 2016” to round out this list of the top posts on Thinks for the past month.
And there you have it Big Thinkers. 8 surprising mobile and e-commerce insights: the top posts of May, 2016 to keep you tuned into what your friends and fellow readers here at Thinks found most useful all month long.
And if you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- 2016’s Top Trends: Make Room For Mobile Video
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?