Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Howdy, Big Thinkers! No big setup today. Just 11 can’t miss posts featuring customer experience and mobile commerce trends for this week’s E-commerce Link Digest. Enjoy:
- Brand Quarterly tells CMOs, “Design A Pathway Back To The Future.” And that’s damn good advice.
- The Verge reports that Tim Cook says augmented reality is ‘a big idea like the smartphone.’ I wouldn’t second-guess Cook on this one.
- Gartner takes a good look at “The Disruptive Power of Artificial Intelligence.”
- And meanwhile, Rob Norman from More About Advertising states here’s the digital future: “Alexa, what anti-dandruff shampoo should I buy?” And he’s right.
- On a very highly related note, we asked “Voice, VR, AR, and AI: Hype or Hope for Marketers?” on a recent episode of Thinks Out Loud, our weekly e-commerce and digital strategy podcast.
- Shifting gears a bit, another Brand Quarterly article offers some great advice about “Customer Experience: Measure What People Do, Not What They Say.” Definitely worth a read.
- While we’re on the customer experience topic, it’s worth remembering that “Content is King, Customer Experience is Queen and Data is the Crown Jewels.” Give it a listen when you get a chance.
- A great post on CMO.com asks this important question, “Does Your Customer Journey Cater To Mobile Customers?”
- And another great Thinks Out Loud podcast episode says that “It’s Time to Stop Calling Mobile a Trend.”
- Marketing Charts details “How Companies Plan to Boost Marketing Agility.” Great tips there that you’ll really want to check out.
- Finally, let’s close out this week’s list of 11 can’t miss posts featuring customer experience and mobile commerce trends with a post that asks — and answers — “How Can You Succeed at Digital Marketing Next Year? 17 Great Posts Offer Answers.”
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest