Well, it’s that time again, Big Thinkers, where we round-up your favorite posts from the past month to see what all you and your fellow readers found most useful all month long. Without any further ado, take a moment to review these 7 special e-commerce and digital marketing trending topics: the top posts of September, 2015. Enjoy:
- Let’s start you off with a run of three entries from our weekly E-commerce Link Digest series. The first collected “8 Brilliant E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Trends,” the second uncovered “10 E-Commerce Trends Worth Watching,” and the last rounded-up “7 Spectacular Digital Marketing Trends.” So it seems you all really like finding out about the trends shaping digital marketing and e-commerce, eh?
- While we’re on the topic of trends, the next most popular post of September said, “Mobile is Not a Trend.” This one comes from Thinks Out Loud, our weekly e-commerce and digital marketing podcast, and helps you understand why you can’t think of mobile as a trend any longer.
- These monthly round-ups of top posts remain incredibly popular with your fellow Big Thinkers, as evidenced by where these “8 Awesome August E-commerce Insights: The Top Posts of August, 2015” fall in your list of most popular posts for the month.
- Another episode of Thinks Out Loud enters the list here at #4, this one a look at “Mobile Websites: Responsive, Adaptive, and RESS, Oh My!”
- We’ve got two more entries from the E-commerce Link Digest series for you up next. The first a grab-bag of “7 Posts Examining Mobile, E-Commerce and Disruption” and the second a group of “9 Digital Trends You’ll Want to See.” Good stuff all around.
- The next most popular post asked an incredibly important question, “So, How Big is Mobile Commerce Exactly?” The answer: Really big. Be sure to read the whole post to find out what that means for your brand and business.
- And, rounding-out the list, we’ve got one more episode of Thinks Out Loud for you, this one that asked “Is Social Media Marketing Dead?” Be sure to give it a listen. The answer may surprise you.
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
And, finally, you might want to take a look at some of our past coverage of the e-commerce, mobile commerce, and digital marketing overall, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56