Well, it’s time to check out your favorite posts from the last month. No need for tons of build-up. Let’s just get to the list of these 8 crucial marketing and e-commerce posts, the top posts from September, eh? Enjoy:
- The biggest post of the month was this look at “The Truth About Data-Driven Marketing.” Not too surprising when you consider the importance of data and analytics to marketing going forward.
- Speaking of data, new research suggests “Mobile E-commerce Now Bigger Than Desktop.” While this isn’t shocking news, the speed at which we’ve gotten here continues to amaze.
- Recently, I asked “Is Google+ Dead, Dying, or Something Else Altogether?” The surprising answer sure seems to have been pretty popular.
- My recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year,” entered the list at #4. I’ve included the slides below, but the original post also contains the video from the webinar. Worth checking out when you get a chance.
- The E-commerce Link Digest series has really taken off since its relaunch a couple of months back. Entries such as “This Week’s 10 Must-Read E-commerce/Digital Marketing Posts,” “6+ Digital Marketing Posts You Must Read This Week,” and “8 Digital Marketing Posts Worth Reading This Week” all ranking well in this month’s list.
- Many of you also enjoyed this advice to “Dream Big.” Here’s hoping you continue to do just that.
- My weekly e-commerce and digital marketing podcast, called Thinks Out Loud posted two entries into this month’s list. First up is Episode 89, “The Game Changer for Mobile Commerce.” And Episode 91, “Disintermediation and Disruption” also ranked well among your favorite posts from last month.
- Finally, given where we started, it seems only fitting to end this list with a data-focused post. This look at “What Mobile E-commerce Data Isn’t Telling You” offers insights into why you might not be seeing everything you should from your mobile e-commerce and marketing efforts. Well worth the read.
If you like this list, you might want to check out “A Dozen Really Useful E-commerce and Marketing Posts: The Best of Thinks (So Far)” and these “7 Useful Marketing and E-commerce Blog Posts: The Top Posts from August”, too. Also, look forward to my list of Travel Tuesday posts next week.
As promised, here are the slides from my latest webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year” for your reference:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
If you’re interested in learning even more about how customers changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
Finally, you might also want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your business, including:
- What Your Customers Expect from Mobile and E-commerce in 2014
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56