No big setup this week, Big Thinkers, just a fantastic list of 8 excellent e-commerce insights to round out the year. We’re taking a little break from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest next week for the Christmas holidays and will return with a new edition right after the first of the year. Until then, happy holidays and enjoy this week’s list:
- Think with Google lists among its travel trends: 4 mobile moments changing the consumer journey. Good read.
- Hotel News Now interviews a number of digital experts (including our own Tim Peter) to cut through the clutter and explain 5 SEO myths.
- Contently looks inside Marriott’s incredible money-making content studio where Marriott claims, ‘we’re a media company now.’ That might not be too bold a claim, by the way. Hotel News Now has a great interview Marriott’s David Beebe where he explains how the hotel giant approaches its content marketing. And this post from Thinks that examines the rising trend of content marketing for hotels in detail is well worth checking out.
- While you’re considering how to approach content marketing for your hotel, don’t forget to make room for mobile video, another big trend as we head into 2016.
- Of course, you also will want to review the single most effective way to improve your brand’s digital marketing to see how to grow business in 2016.
- PSFK takes a long look at Virgin Atlantic customer service and learns it’s not about the tech. Brilliant insights there.
- Digiday recently discovered that Priceline’s top innovation hurdle is ‘the cost of coordination,’ something we looked it in more detail in this recent podcast episode that asked, “Is Execution the New Innovation?”
- And, finally, you won’t want to miss these 7 travel trend insights: the top travel marketing posts from November, 2015 to hold you over until next year.
This will be our last Travel Marketing Link Digest for 2015. But be sure to subscribe to the blog or check back on January 3 for more link digest goodness.
If you’re interested in more insights and information about travel marketing and distribution to hold you over until we return, you’ll definitely want to check out these “4+ Fantastic Travel Marketing Posts: the Top Posts Of October, 2015” and be sure to check out this list of “4 Tremendous Travel Marketing Trends From the Past Week,” a great set of “7 Key Insights: The Top Travel Marketing Posts of August, 2015” and a terrific round-up of “7 Brilliant Insights into Mobile Travel E-commerce” from our hospitality marketing link digests (part of the ongoing E-commerce Link Digest series).
And if you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your business, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56