Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Hey, Big Thinkers. We’re going to skip all the setup today and simply show you this list of 8 excellent insights into AI and the changing customer journey. Enjoy:
- It’s clear that technology plays a crucial role in shaping customer behavior. And that’s why MarketingProfs leads us off with a great infographic that asks what new technologies do consumers really want? Good stuff.
- While we’re looking at technologies that will change customer behaviors and expectations, don’t miss this recent episode of our e-commerce and digital strategy podcast, Thinks Out Loud, that asked will this be the year of AI in digital marketing? Spoiler alert: The answer is yes. But give a listen to the whole thing to find out why that matters for your business.
- Marketing Insider Group adds their voice to the chorus singing AI’s praises with this explanation of how AI will make marketing more personalized in 2018 . Well worth your time.
- @MarTechExec said on Twitter, “Here’s the irony: as much as the hype has overstated what AI might do for marketing in the next 12-24 months, the reality of how AI is already working in marketing today is often under-recognized” while linking to a fantastic article at Chiefmartec.com about artificial intelligence as one of the 5 disruptions to marketing this year.
- Meanwhile, MarTech Advisor outline four use cases of machine learning in marketing that you’ll probably want to know about.
- On a similar note, we’d rounded up 11 outstanding insights into AI and digital marketing along with a list of 7 ways you can use AI in B2B sales and marketing that are definitely worth your time.
- Of course, with all these changes brought about by major shifts in technology and customer behaviors, you might wonder how you can keep up. Fortunately, Mark Schaefer and Tom Webster’s near-perfect podcast recently tackled the new marketing career and asked, “What do you need to do to remain relevant?” Our own podcast looked at the problem not long ago and produced an episode titled, “How to Keep Up With Technology as a Marketer: The Quick and Dirty Guide.”
- Finally, let’s round out our list of 8 excellent insights into AI and the changing customer journey with two recent podcast episodes that explore 6 proven digital marketing trends and offer the following advice, deal with it: digital makes marketing easier for everyone, which makes marketing harder for everyone
Have a great weekend, everyone. We’ll catch you back here next week!
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing customer behavior will shape your marketing going forward, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- Why AI Will Change Hospitality Marketing Forever
- 9 Posts Featuring Chatbots, AI and All the Hospitality Marketing Trends of 2018
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest