Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Hey, Big Thinkers! Hope you’ve had a fantastic week and are ready for an even better weekend. When you find the time, don’t miss these 9 must-read posts that forecast the future of digital marketing. Enjoy:
- Since this week’s all about the future, let’s start off with an episode of our Thinks Out Loud podcast that’s focused on “Breaking Down Mary Meeker’s 2017 Internet Trends Report.” Fantastic listen, well worth your time.
- Brand Quarterly has a great exploration of “Big Analytics And Automation: The Evolution Of Big Data” that you won’t want to miss.
- Our old friend Jeremiah Owyang tweeted this video that you’ll want to check out:
Video: Recap at the BMW looking at the future (I participated) https://t.co/hqEZLjazRF
— Jeremiah Owyang (@jowyang) May 20, 2017
- Buzzfeed recapped “Everything You Need To Know About Google IO 2017” while The Independent said “Google’s AI Future is So Impressive It’s Scary.” Some truth to that, but check out the facts and make up your own mind.
- Shifting gears a bit, Marketing Week explained “Why the Digital User Experience Is Synonymous With Brand,” while Sprinklr (yes, that’s how it’s spelled), tackled “What Customer Experience Will Look Like in 2017—and Beyond.”
- Of course, that seems like a good time to repost our look at why “Content is King, Customer Experience is Queen” as well as this set of “11 Excellent Posts Connecting Mobile, Content, and Customer Experience” from the E-commerce Link Digest series.
- Vala Afshar, Salesforce’s Chief Digital Evangelist wrote a great piece about the “AI Revolution—20 Key Business Findings” that’s full of excellent information.
- And while we’re on the topic of excellent information, be sure to review “Digital Marketing Directions 2017: The Key Digital Marketing Trends Driving Your Business.”
- Finally, let’s finish out this week’s collection of 9 must-read posts that forecast the future of digital marketing with this complementary round-up of “7 Sensational Insights into the Future of Digital Marketing” also from the E-commerce Link Digest series for you.
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest