Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
The Plan is Not the Goal (Thinks Out Loud Episode 282) — Headlines and Show Notes
We live in interesting times. And, at the moment, that's not a Good Thing™. Covid-19 has thrown everyone's plans for this year seriously into disarray. But, despite the difficulties, that's OK. Why? Because plans aren't important. Goals are. As science fiction author John Scalzi wrote, "The plan is not the goal. The goal is the goal." Right now, it's important you get clear on your goals for the coming days, weeks, months, and quarter, so that you can adapt your plans as the situation changes. Is your goal for the coming days to survive, thrive, or something else altogether? Because once you're clear on your goals, you put yourself in a better position to reach them.
This episode of Thinks Out Loud looks at why "the plan is not the goal" in more detail and offers some insights into how to make those goals work for you in a time of crisis.
Want to learn more? Here are the show notes for you.
The Plan is Not the Goal (Thinks Out Loud Episode 282) — Relevant Links:
- The Consuming Fire (The Interdependency Book 2) eBook: Scalzi, John: Kindle Store
- How Marketers Can Plan for the Recovery (Thinks Out Loud Episode 281)
- Your Big Opportunity When The Current Crisis Ends? Adults Under 40 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 280)
- The Lost Art of Value Adds in Marketing (Thinks Out Loud Episode 277)
- There's More Than One Path to Success (Thinks Out Loud Episode 278)
- There is a Path Forward (Thinks Out Loud Episode 279)
- We Live in the Future (Thinks Out Loud Episode 274)
- Marketing at the Speed of Digital (Thinks Out Loud Episode 215)
- Coronavirus COVID-19 and the Travel Industry: How Hotel and Travel Companies Can Manage Business Disruption
- A Post-Crisis Top-Three Digital Marketing Action Plan – Hospitality Net World Panel
- COVID-19 doesn't have to ruin your B2B pipeline – SoloSegment
- Confucious: A Healthy Man Wants a Thousand Things…
- Hope is Not a Business Strategy… Is It? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 223)
Subscribe to Thinks Out Loud
Contact information for the podcast: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Insights from Tim Peter Thinks
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Technical Details for Thinks Out Loud
Recorded using a Heil PR-40 Dynamic Studio Recording Mic and a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 (3rd Gen) USB Audio Interface into Logic Pro X for the Mac.
Running time: 12m 56s
You can subscribe to Thinks Out Loud in iTunes, the Google Play Store, via our dedicated podcast RSS feed (or sign up for our free newsletter). You can also download/listen to the podcast here on Thinks using the player at the top of this page.