Amazon, Google, Facebook, Apple and Microsoft Have a Secret Plan Right Now. Here’s Why You Should Care (Thinks Out Loud Episode 286)
Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Amazon, Google, and Facebook Have a Secret Plan Right Now. Here’s Why You Should Care (Thinks Out Loud Episode 286) — Headlines and Show Notes
OK, let's be fair. The plans that Amazon, Google, Facebook, Apple, and Microsoft have aren't really a secret. But it's clear that these digital giants (AGFAM as I have long called them, or the Frightful Five if you prefer) are doing something very different from most businesses during the COVID-19 situation. Where most businesses are pulling back investment, cutting costs, and sticking to survival mode, the Frightful Five are investing — heavily — in the future. And not just a future. Their future. The future where they control everything. They're buying and building and busting their butts to gain even more market dominance when the economy comes back around. And that's a huge problem for everyone else who isn't doing those things.
This episode of Thinks Out Loud takes a look at their secret plan to extend their dominance and offers some tips on where you should look to make this challenge an opportunity for your business too.
Want to learn more? Here are the show notes for you.
Relevant Links — Amazon, Google, and Facebook Have a Secret Plan Right Now. Here’s Why You Should Care (Thinks Out Loud Episode 286)
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Q1 2020 Results – Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha
- Facebook Inc (FB) Q1 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Post-Earning, Which Is Better: Alphabet or Facebook?
- Facebook – Facebook Reports First Quarter 2020 Results
- Exclusive: Mary Meeker's coronavirus trends report – Axios
- Why Google is the Beast That Scares Your Industry's 800-lb. Gorilla (Thinks Out Loud Episode 238)
- Hey Loretta, Remind Me That Google's Got Troubles (Thinks Out Loud Episode 273)
- How the virus could boomerang on Facebook, Google and Amazon – POLITICO
- Facebook claims its new chatbot beats Google's as the best in the world | MIT Technology Review
- Why You Should Be Optimistic About the Future Right Now (Thinks Out Loud Episode 285)
- Pandemic-Proof Digital Trends: What You Need to Know (Thinks Out Loud Episode 284)
- Why Hotel Marketers Must Think "Backyard and Bundle" When Demand Returns
- How You Can Make Digital Do Your Heavy Lifting in Difficult Times (Thinks Out Loud Episode 283)
- We Live in the Future (Thinks Out Loud Episode 274)
- Your Big Opportunity When The Current Crisis Ends? Adults Under 40 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 280)
- Worried About a Recession Next Year? Here's How Marketers Can Cope (Thinks Out Loud Episode 264)
- How Marketers Can Plan for the Recovery (Thinks Out Loud Episode 281)
- What the 2019 Mary Meeker Internet Trends Report Means for Digital Marketers (Thinks Out Loud Episode 248)
- Thinks Out Loud Episode 30: The Rise of AGFAM (Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft) and Everywhere Shopping
- Content is King, Customer Experience is Queen (Thinks Out Loud Episode 188)
- Data is the Crown Jewels: What That Means for Marketers Today (Thinks Out Loud Episode 239)
Thinks Out Loud is sponsored by SoloSegment: SoloSegment increases large-enterprise, B2B website conversion with easy-to-install software that automatically connects website visitors to the content they need to see to achieve their goals. SoloSegment does this using anonymous data and machine learning ensuring privacy compliance, addressing the many anonymous visitors, and improving the efficiency of marketing teams. Visit SoloSegment.com.
Subscribe to Thinks Out Loud
Contact information for the podcast: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Insights from Tim Peter Thinks
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Technical Details for Thinks Out Loud
Recorded using a Heil PR-40 Dynamic Studio Recording Mic and a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 (3rd Gen) USB Audio Interface into Logic Pro X for the Mac.
Running time: 18m 10s
You can subscribe to Thinks Out Loud in iTunes, the Google Play Store, via our dedicated podcast RSS feed (or sign up for our free newsletter). You can also download/listen to the podcast here on Thinks using the player at the top of this page.