When Will the Recession End? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 289)
Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
When Will the Recession End? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 289) — Headlines and Show Notes
It’s pretty clear we’re all living through a Covid-19 driven recession. And while we know that the recession will end, no one knows for sure when the recession will end. However, it’s probably safe to assume that it will last at least as long as an average recession, give or take. What’s more important is what you do now — for your customers and your business — to ensure you’re putting yourself in good shape both for the time being and when we finally come to the end of the recession.
How can you do that? The latest episode of Thinks Out Loud walks you through it. Here are the show notes for you.
Relevant Links — When Will the Recession End? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 289)
- Is a Recession More Likely This Year? Here's What You Don't Want to Do (Thinks Out Loud Episode 276)
- Will the Coronavirus Recession Be Shorter? | Morgan Stanley
- Assessing the Shape of the Economic Recovery | Morgan Stanley
- The Conference Board says that its “leading economic indicators” point to a deep recession with no sign of fast rebound.
- No second virus wave? – POLITICO
- America's Unemployment Numbers Are Stabilizing. That's Not A Good Thing. | FiveThirtyEight
- Don't Expect A Quick Recovery. Our Survey Of Economists Says It Will Likely Take Years. | FiveThirtyEight
- CNBC: “What Happened in Every US Recession Since the Great Depression.” Plus a Google spreadsheet of the data from CNBC
- Why You Should Be Optimistic About the Future Right Now (Thinks Out Loud Episode 285)
- Coronavirus COVID-19 and the Travel Industry: How Hotel and Travel Companies Can Manage Business Disruption
- Most in US who lost job, pay from COVID-19 say states will reopen too soon | Pew Research Center
- Pandemic-Proof Digital Trends: What You Need to Know (Thinks Out Loud Episode 284)
- The Race You Can’t Win
- The Lost Art of Value Adds in Marketing (Thinks Out Loud Episode 277)
- How You Can Make Digital Do Your Heavy Lifting in Difficult Times (Thinks Out Loud Episode 283)
- How Marketers Can Plan for the Recovery (Thinks Out Loud Episode 281)
- Your Big Opportunity When The Current Crisis Ends? Adults Under 40 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 280)
- The Single Biggest Myth in Digital: Content is Expensive (Thinks Out Loud Episode 275)
- Two Years of Digital Transformation in Two Months (Thinks Out Loud Episode 287)
- We Live Online Now (Thinks Out Loud Episode 288)
Thinks Out Loud is sponsored by SoloSegment: SoloSegment increases large-enterprise, B2B website conversion with easy-to-install software that automatically connects website visitors to the content they need to see to achieve their goals. SoloSegment does this using anonymous data and machine learning ensuring privacy compliance, addressing the many anonymous visitors, and improving the efficiency of marketing teams. Visit SoloSegment.com.
Subscribe to Thinks Out Loud
Contact information for the podcast: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Insights from Tim Peter Thinks
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Technical Details for Thinks Out Loud
Recorded using a Heil PR-40 Dynamic Studio Recording Mic and a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 (3rd Gen) USB Audio Interface into Logic Pro X for the Mac.
Running time: 19m 16s
You can subscribe to Thinks Out Loud in iTunes, the Google Play Store, via our dedicated podcast RSS feed (or sign up for our free newsletter). You can also download/listen to the podcast here on Thinks using the player at the top of this page.